The summer transfer window is here, and there’s plenty of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings and goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Presnel Kimpembe is set to stay at PSG
Presnel Kimpembe looks set to stay put this summer, despite uncertainty over his future in the French capital, according to L’Equipe.
The 26-year-old centre-back has been on the radar of clubs in Europe in recent weeks, but after he impressed the Paris Saint-Germain staff in training, new manager Christopher Galtier now wants to keep him at Parc des Princes.
With Chelsea turning their attention to Leicester City defender Wesley Fofanathe Ligue 1 champions don’t expect to part ways with Kimpembe this summer, and having found clarity over his future, it is expected that he will feature in the squad for the league opener against Clermont on Saturday.
The France international is contracted at PSG until the summer of 2024, having last signed an extension in 2020.
09.43 BST: ICYMI, AS Roma completed the signing of Paris Saint-Germain’s Netherlands midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season on Friday evening.
The former Liverpool midfielder leaves French champions PSG having scored three goals in 38 appearances after joining on a three-year deal in 2021.
“It’s a really good feeling to be a Roma player,” Wijnaldum, 31, said. “Everyone I have spoken to has given me great feedback about the club and its fans.
“The club made it clear just how much they wanted me in the efforts they made to complete the deal, which always gives a player a lot of confidence and belief.”
🆕 💗🗟🗖🗢𝗠𝗘 | Georginio Wijnaldum 🐺🇳🇱
We are delighted to confirm the signing of the renowned central midfielder!
— AS Roma English (@ASRomaEN) August 5, 2022
09.00 BST: Arsenal‘s debutants paved the way for a 2-0 win at Crystal Palace on the opening night of the Premier League season on Friday and coach Mikel Arteta said there might be some more new faces coming in before the end of the transfer window.
“We are going to try,” Arteta told Sky Sports after his side got off to the perfect start. “We have a few things going on now and if we get them it will be great – but for now, we have to work with the players we have.”
– Leeds United will have to make an offer of £22m if they are to sign the Paris Saint-Germain forward Arnaud Kalimuendo, reports CBS. There is a difference of opinion between PSG sporting director Luis Campos and manager Christophe Galtier, with the latter keen to keep the 20-year-old. Stade Rennais are also interested in his services.
– Galatasaray have joined the race to sign a Turkish striker Serdar Dursun, reveals Ekrem Konur. The 30-year-old has been on the radar of Union Berlin and Schalke 04 this summer, and he is now attracting interest from the Super Lig club. Darsun contributed 19 goals in 33 league appearances last season.
– A deal is expected to be completed next week between Tottenham Hotspur and Udinese for Destiny Udogie, writes Gianluca Di Marzio. The 19-year-old wing-back will join the north London club for a transfer fee of €26m before being loaned back to the Serie A side for the 2022-23 campaign. Udogie contributed nine goals in 35 games for the Friulian last season.
– Goalkeeper Keylor Navas is on the shortlist of Napoli, according to Calciomercato. Talks have begun with Paris Saint-Germain over a potential deal for the 35-year-old, who faces competition for his place at PSG with Italy international Gianluigi Donnarumma.
– Also from Calciomercato, Alexis Sanchez is close to completing his move from Internazionale to Marseille. The Nerazzurri are set to offer the 33-year-old €7m as severance, and that has allowed talks to advance between the Ligue 1 club and former Premier League star.